Terms and conditions:
We reserve the right to change our prices at any time without prior notice; you are advised to confirm the cost at the time of placing your booking. We will not tolerate any abusive behaviour towards our staff at any time, any such incident can result in immediate cancellation of the service you have requested and you may lose any deposit paid.
1) Application – These terms & conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. The hirer is responsible for the actions and decisions of all passengers on board including any additional costs incurred in performing the contract whether or not they actually travel with the party.
2) Quotations – All quotations are given subject to The Company having available a suitable vehicle at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. Quotations are valid for 7 days unless otherwise notified.
3) Use Of The Vehicle – The hirer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward & return journeys, nor that it will remain at the destination for the hirer’s use unless this has been agreed with the Company. The Company reserves the right to levy additional charges for additional mileage or time to that agreed. The charges will be pro rata & in accordance with booking confirmation.
4) Seating Capacity – The maximum numbers allowed on the vehicle is indicated on the vehicle. No standing passengers allowed. Drivers will not carry an extra passenger over the seating capacity.
5) Animals will not be carried on any vehicle, except guide dogs.
6) Payment – All Monies must be made in full prior to the hire taking place unless otherwise agreed by one of our manager. Any booking made by credit/debit card incurs a 2% charge unless previously agreed . We may also charge a £250 refundable sickness and damages deposit. If any outstanding monies are due we reserve the right to take the outstanding monies at anytime from the original credit/debit card which the client paid with.
7) Cancellation by Hirer – If the hirer wishes to cancel the hire after 2 hours of booking all monies paid will be forfeited. We can send you a credit note for travel to the same value or reschedule the travel for a date of your choice. Once a Credit/debit card has been given to our company this is for payment to confirm a booking only. We do not ask for or accept any credit/debit card numbers for any other reason than to book a vehicle. Our telephone operators are fully trained to make the hirer aware of our terms and conditions on booking over the phone.
8) Cancellation by the company – In the event of an emergency or an action by the hirer to vary the agreed conditions, the company may return all monies paid and without further liability cancel the contract. We do not supply alternative transport if the company cancels.
9) Change of Vehicle – The Company may provide a larger vehicle than the size hired or provide smaller vehicles instead of a minibus at no additional charge. The company reserves the right to hire another operator to cover the hire.
10) Route – The route used, unless the hirer has advised of a particular route or places to be passed en-route, which will be specified on the confirmation email, will be at the discretion of the company and/or the driver. The vehicle will depart at the times agreed by the hirer, and it’s the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at those times. The company will not accept liability for any losses incurred by the passengers who fail to follow instructions given by the hirer.
11) Breakdown/Delay – The Company gives advice on journey times in good faith, but does not guarantee the completion of a journey at a specific time, and will NOT be liable for inconvenience or loss caused by breakdown or delay.
12) Drivers Hours – The hours of operation of the minibus driver are regulated by the law and the hirer accepts the responsibly of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company. Neither the hirer nor any passengers shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to drivers hours and duty time. If any breach is likely to occur the hirer will be responsible for ALL additional costs.
13) Property – All vehicles hired are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons & the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether & to what extent passengers’ property is carried. The Company will not accept liability for any damage or loss of any property, which belongs to any passengers and is left on a vehicle. Any articles of found property recovered from a vehicle will be held at the depot from where the vehicle is based and may be collected from there.
14) Insurance – All hirers and individual passengers are recommended to obtain insurance for those items where, save for negligence, the company’s liability is limited (such as delay or luggage).
15) Conduct of Passengers – The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passengers whose conduct is in breach of statutory regulations will be removed on the driver’s authority. The hirer will be responsible for all damages caused to the vehicle by passengers during the hiring.
16) Complaints - must be made within 7 days of the date of hire in writing to Vikingston 13 Ferry Road, Teddington TW11 9NN. No compensation will be paid out from our company for any reason.
17) Notices – No bill, poster or notice is to be displayed on any vehicle without prior consent of The Company.
18) Alcohol – Under no circumstances can alcoholic drinks be carried on or consumed upon the vehicle without the express permission of the company in writing.
19) Smoking – in accordance with English law we operate a NO SMOKING policy on all our vehicles without exception.
20) Surcharges – The quotation given is based on operating costs at the date of the quotation. When more than 28 days elapse between the date of the quotation and the date of departure, the company reserve the right to pass on to the hirer any increase in the cost of fuel or any other increased costs resulting from Government action.
21) Cleaning - All vehicles are hired to the hirer in a state of cleanliness fit for the purpose of hire. Bins and or rubbish bags will be provided for general litter. Excess rubbish beyond normal litter and if the vehicle is soiled or damaged in anyway, e.g. vomit, we reserve the right to levy a minimum cleaning charge of £250, to enable the vehicle to be professionally cleaned. The hirer agrees to pay such charges upon notification, an invoice can be provided if requested. We may charge a deposit of £250 for sickness and damages, which is refundable once the vehicle is returned in its original condition.
22) Quotation amendments - Vikingston will email/confirm to the hirer a quotation based on the information supplied by the hirer. Unless otherwise stated all prices are exclusive of VAT which, if applicable, will be charged in addition. Vikingston may amend the quotation if there is any material change to the original itinerary, the number of passengers, or the type or size of vehicle required.
23) Airport pickups - For journeys that originate from an Airport, the quotation will include a 30 minute waiting period after the advertised landing time and the cost of car parking. Your driver will charge 50 pence per minute for waiting after the initial 30-minute period has expired, plus any additional parking charges, this must be paid directly to the driver in cash, or if between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) the hirer can contact our offices where the company MAY (if available and being under no obligation) accept payment over the phone by credit/debit card. The driver will not leave until this has been paid in full. Vikingston will endeavour to check for flight delays before the driver leaves for the airport, but shall be under no obligation to do so.
24) General waiting -PLEASE NOTE, OUR DRIVERS WILL ONLY WAIT A MAXIMUM OF 10 MINUTES FROM THE BOOKED TIME BEFORE LEAVING - UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING. Thereafter it is understood that the driver will leave. If the driver stays longer than 10 minutes a waiting charge of 50 pence per minute will be levied from that point onward. This must be paid to the driver before the vehicle leaves.
25) General - If you accept the quotation, you will receive confirmation of your booking by email or any other form of accepted communication between the two parties. Please check your booking confirmation carefully and inform Vikingston promptly of any errors. Vikingston shall not be responsible for any delays caused or costs arising from by your failure to provide them with correct information.
26) Terms and Conditions - are publicly displayed on our web site. We always advise customers about our terms and conditions without exception and our staff are fully trained to do so.
English Law – Orders are only accepted in that the Law of England shall apply to the contract arising from such an order, and to the determination of the rights and liabilities of the respective parties and in that no action or other proceedings shall be bought by either party in relation to such contract except in a Court of competent jurisdiction in England.